Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Resolutions

Most people associate resolutions with New Year's.  But what about summer? This year I couldn't wait to get started on my summer resolutions.  I happily added to my growing list as I counted down the days to my summer kick-off.  To be clear, these are not resolutions that invoke any sense of dread.  Instead they represent a hopeful optimism of how I will use the many days ahead including getting outdoors, trying new recipes, hitting the beach, doing lots of summer reading, visiting historic sites, and travelling.

One of my long-time resolutions has been to make a blog to capture my historical interests. And, resolution accomplished here it is!  Stay tuned for more about my history inspired summer resolutions!

"Summer Morning."  Lithograph.  Currier and Ives (1856 & 1907)
Library of Congress 2002695755. 

No comments:

Post a Comment